Add Your Voice!

Write your own journal entry about life with attention deficit -- and share insights about yourself, your child, or a loved one.

New Issue!

Fall '14 Now Out ADDitude magazine Get the learning with ADHD & LD issue FREE when you subscribe now!

ADHD Journal: Adult ADHD Life

You know you have ADHD when…
Filed Under: Adult ADD

I am so paranoid about forgetting something, that I have several different scheduling devices on my laptop, which also send me reminders….so far so good this week! smile

Related Posts on ADDConnect

0 Comments

I procrastinated and didn’t prep for a big meeting, then “winged it” brilliantly somehow with passionate confidence and enthusiasm; outlining coherent timeline milestones and top priorities. Followed by forgetting everything I had said and not wanting to ask for anyone’s notes! Can you hear my fingernails screaming?

By wordsRimportant on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 11:08 pm.

you spend 20 minutes trying to decide which wrapping paper you should buy, finally give up and end up buying a gift bag instead! (That’s 20 minutes of my life I’ll never get back!)

By msjenna on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm.

you call home to leave yourself a message on your answering machine so that you will remember something important… when you get home you see your answering machine blinking and you think “someone called”... you are surprised to hear your own voice on the answering machine and only then remember that you left the message. Of course sometimes by the time the answering machine picks up you’ve forgotten the important thought that you were calling to remind yourself!

By stayingabovewater on Friday, July 08, 2011 at 1:36 am.

...you realize that - yet again - you’ve come home from the bookstore with an “awesome new book” that you already own a copy of but just haven’t gotten around to reading yet.

By SquirrelGirl on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 9:04 pm.

When you start writing a comment and didn’t finish it, duh!!!

By aldavis08 on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:06 pm.

you flood the laundry room trying to multitask, forgetting that the water was running in the sink to mop the floor, because you were cooking and didn’t want the food to burn up!

By aldavis08 on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:09 pm.

When you can never find the house key on your key ring.Then buy a special key fob so you can’t miss it…..but still can’t find it…sigh and smile.

By Lauren_CC on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm.

When your brain is telling you to do one thing, then all of a sudden you are turning a different direction to do something different.  Frustrating.

By Lass on Friday, July 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm.

9:45 pm At the computer to do homework, then message from facebook, check that out, oh look thats a cool link…ADDconnect?? hmm…Tell me your ADHD moment… Oh yeah there was this one time….oh wait I don’t have a profile…go make profile…spend 10 minutes looking at profile pictures.. should I use a real one…naaah.. another message from friend..Oh yeah I want that new Thrive Tablet..Off to Bestbuy.com…..ok wait, WHAT WAS I DOING??!!  Oh then I realize what was I suppose to be doing?  making a profile…HOMEWORK!!  : /  Thank goodness shiney objects don’t fly across the screen… or I would be lost forever… Its now 10:40pm I am going to bed…...

By mel.mason72 on Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 6:41 am.

When you read other comments and say, yep been there, done that… To every last one! Now that’s scary:-()

By aldavis08 on Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 8:19 am.
Newer comments >>