New Issue!

Summer '15 Issue ADDitude magazine Start with the Get Things Done issue when you subscribe now!

ADHD in Women

Can someone refer me to a doctor for diagnosis?

Hello everyone,

I seem to have all the symptoms of ADHD, so I have joined the forum to get your advice. I would like to know where I could get diagnosed in London in order to have an appropriate treatment. Can someone refer me to a doctor?

I am looking forward to hearing from you!




I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist who faxed the info to my family doctor who prescribes the medication.  It would have cost about $1000 if I hadn’t been referred by thru UI.

Posted by MorrisFluffyTail on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:00pm

Where are you located?

Posted by Debbym on Aug 31, 2014 at 2:31am

Psychiatrists and some neurologists in the states work with adult ADD. I would think it would be the same in London. A general doctor there would be a good place to ask for a referral. In the meantime, get proper rest, exercise, eat balanced meals and healthy snacks avoiding processed food. Avoid stress, sugar, sugar substitutes, and caffeine the best you can.  One step at a time! It can get overwhelming so take it slow!  Best wishes and don’t give up!

Posted by Gratitude109 on Aug 31, 2014 at 11:09pm

Reply to this thread

You must be logged in to reply. To log in, click here.
Not a member? Join ADDConnect today. It's free and easy!

Not a member yet? Join here »
ADHD Toolbox
» Read ADDitude Special Reports
» Download Free ADHD Printables
» Find ADHD Coaches and Doctors
» Research ADHD Schools and Camps
» Join ADHD Groups and Attend Events

Important! User-Generated Content

The opinions expressed on ADDConnect are solely those of the user, who may or may not have medical training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of ADDConnect or ADDitude magazine. For more information, see our terms and conditions.