Just Diagnosed With ADHD (Adults)
Do I have Adult ADD? I need some help with this!!
I need help! I haven’t been diagnosed with ADD, but I have recently started reading about it and I think it may be the reason I have been struggling all these years.
The thing is that I have some of the symptoms but others I cannot relate to, so I was just wondering if some of you might be able to clarify whether or not this sounds like Adult ADD. Firstly I was not hyperactive as a child, but I was very distracted and would zone out completely for minutes (up to 10 or more) before snapping out of it and realising I was just staring into space, and I found it very difficult to stick to anything and follow through once I had started. I also suffer from depression, there have been questions of whether I am bipolar as my mood tends to swing from mild highs to lows.
Anyway the symtoms I have are as follows:
1. Find it difficult to start and finish projects- its difficult to start because I get overwelmed and confused and don’t know where to start, and it’s difficult to finish as I lose interest as soon as I’m halfway through and it is almost torture trying to finish the project at that point.
2. I seem to work for hours and hours on something and not get anywhere which is really frustrating.
3. My thoughts are messy and I can’t make sense of them.
4. I have no concept of time and always think I have more than I do which means nothing gets done on time.
5. I get really interested in something for a while and I am totally focused on it but then totally lose interest and move onto something else. I have started and dropped out of many college courses because of this.
6. I zone out of conversations, especially on the phone, and miss most of it much to the annoyance of my friends.
7. I can’t stay focused on anything long enough to get it done.
There is a lot more but it was even difficult to organise my thoughts to write this list!
Does this sound like Adult ADD? Please please please answer as I am at my wits end!!!!!
Top 5 This Month
ADDitude's most popular articles
ADDitude Special Reports
|More ADDitude Special Reports|