Just Diagnosed With ADHD (Adults)
Do I have Adult ADD? I need some help with this!!
I need help! I haven’t been diagnosed with ADD, but I have recently started reading about it and I think it may be the reason I have been struggling all these years.
The thing is that I have some of the symptoms but others I cannot relate to, so I was just wondering if some of you might be able to clarify whether or not this sounds like Adult ADD. Firstly I was not hyperactive as a child, but I was very distracted and would zone out completely for minutes (up to 10 or more) before snapping out of it and realising I was just staring into space, and I found it very difficult to stick to anything and follow through once I had started. I also suffer from depression, there have been questions of whether I am bipolar as my mood tends to swing from mild highs to lows.
Anyway the symtoms I have are as follows:
1. Find it difficult to start and finish projects- its difficult to start because I get overwelmed and confused and don’t know where to start, and it’s difficult to finish as I lose interest as soon as I’m halfway through and it is almost torture trying to finish the project at that point.
2. I seem to work for hours and hours on something and not get anywhere which is really frustrating.
3. My thoughts are messy and I can’t make sense of them.
4. I have no concept of time and always think I have more than I do which means nothing gets done on time.
5. I get really interested in something for a while and I am totally focused on it but then totally lose interest and move onto something else. I have started and dropped out of many college courses because of this.
6. I zone out of conversations, especially on the phone, and miss most of it much to the annoyance of my friends.
7. I can’t stay focused on anything long enough to get it done.
There is a lot more but it was even difficult to organise my thoughts to write this list!
Does this sound like Adult ADD? Please please please answer as I am at my wits end!!!!!
Top 5 This Month
ADDitude's most popular articles
ADDitude Special Reports
|More ADDitude Special Reports|
Important! User-Generated Content
The opinions expressed on ADDConnect are solely those of the user, who may or may not have medical training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of ADDConnect or ADDitude magazine. For more information, see our terms and conditions.