Join ADHD Groups!

Click the arrows to expand each group category below

Parents of ADHD Children

ADD Adults

ADHD and Related Conditions

ADHD Professionals

ADHD Resources

Groups by Location

ADHD Adults

Finding a psychiatrist that specializes in adults

Hello. I have been the typical ADD client and have seen my psychiatrist on and off for the past 3 years. I don’t feel as if she is interested in the whole picture of ADD and me as a person. Just prescribes different meds. I take full credit for not being consistent with her though. I have realized lately how much my life and choices are affected by my ADD and need help.  With that said, I am finding it difficult to find a therapist that treats adults. I live in Tucson,AZ. Any advice on finding someone? Thank you


There’s an article on that outlines the 10 Worst Therapists for Adult ADHD. In doing so, it also provides great advice for finding the right doctor for you.

ADDconnect Moderator, Author & Mom to Tween Boy with ADHD and LDs

Posted by adhdmomma on Jul 08, 2014 at 2:31pm

Reply to this thread

You must be logged in to reply. To log in, click here.
Not a member? Join ADDConnect today. It's free and easy!

Not a member yet? Join here »

Important! User-Generated Content

The opinions expressed on ADDConnect are solely those of the user, who may or may not have medical training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of ADDConnect or ADDitude magazine. For more information, see our terms and conditions.