New Issue!

Spring 2017 Issue ADDitude magazine Read the 'ADHD Therapies That Work' issue now!

The New ADDitude Forums Are Live!

Reach our full community by posting to ADDitude's discussion forums here

Parents of ADHD Children

Psychologist or LCS?

I’m trying to get my 8 yr old son into some therapy but I don’t know if it’s better to some a psychologist or LCS? I’m not sure what the difference is, can anyone give me some advice please?


Here is a link to a description of the various types of degrees & education requirements for each.

Either of those two degrees will have received training specifically in providing therapy.  The most important thing to look for is how much experience both/either have in treating this specific condition—children with ADHD.  The next thing to look for is does that clinician seem to “click” on a personal level with your child.  That is something you’ll only be able to figure out by making an appointment.  Once you do, if they don’t really seem to “click” for some reason it’s time to interview someone else.

Posted by BC on Apr 08, 2014 at 9:43pm

Thank you smile that was very helpful!

Posted by ADHDMoooM on Apr 08, 2014 at 9:47pm

Reply to this thread

You must be logged in to reply. To log in, click here.
Not a member? Join ADDConnect today. It's free and easy!

Not a member yet? Join here »

Search the ADDConnect Group Discussions