Join ADHD Groups!

Click the arrows to expand each group category below

Parents of ADHD Children

ADD Adults

ADHD and Related Conditions

ADHD Professionals

ADHD Resources

Groups by Location

ADHD in Maryland

getting a diagnosis

I am a special education teacher and have taught many children with ADHD. I recognized, years ago, that I have ADHD, although I’ve never been formally diagnosed. Children can be diagnosis by their pediatricians (or a licensed psychologist) but does anyone know if an adult can be diagnosed by their general practitioner? If so, any recommendations of where or who to go to in the Montgomery County area? Thanks.


Hi PJean,

Yes! I was diagnosed by my general practitioner.  I went online and took 3 questionnaires and discussed the results with him.  He agreed with the results.  He had been treating me for depression for over a year with only limited success.  He prescribed Ritalin for me and changed my life! It also helped with the depression which was just a symptom of the ADHD.

Here is a link to the questionnaires and a link to therapists.

I hope this helps!


Posted by Mitzi Maine on Mar 04, 2014 at 10:40pm

Reply to this thread

You must be logged in to reply. To log in, click here.
Not a member? Join ADDConnect today. It's free and easy!

Not a member yet? Join here »

Important! User-Generated Content

The opinions expressed on ADDConnect are solely those of the user, who may or may not have medical training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of ADDConnect or ADDitude magazine. For more information, see our terms and conditions.